Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day 5 - 360 Days to Go!

I am really missing Michigan today. I was really hoping that by now, we might be feeling some cooler temperatures. Instead, the temperatures are staying fairly steady in the 90 degree range. It's terribly humid today (like the kind of humid that makes you feel sticky as soon as you walk out the door)and has made the dreary weather even more dreary. Bleck. Oh Michigan, how I miss the cool Fall breezes through the color-changing trees. Have I mentioned that most of my wardrobe is for Fall/Winter weather? Can't wait to wear those hoodies!

The picture for today isn't anything exciting, just a view of my way to work in the most luxuriously beautiful neighborhoods in the Dallas metroplex: Highland Park.


I wish I could have gotten a shot of some of the homes in this area, but at this point, I was at a dead stop and unable to get a decent picture. Regardless, this area is so fancy! The homes are HUGE and the yards are manicured meticulously. It is fun driving to work in the morning because I get to see all the kids walking in pairs to school with backpacks larger than themselves. I am so excited for the day that Charlie and I get to look at homes to raise a family in.

Although Highland Park is an incredible neighborhood for children to grow up in and is full of multi-million dollar homes that can only be rivaled in the movies, I am so glad to have grown up in a humble, small home in a humble, small town. I don't think it makes me better than anyone or more appreciative, but it does alter my view of the world.

I think I am still able to see the beauty in some of the small things. One day, it may be all that we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment