First of all, Happy New Year! 2011 has started off beautifully and I've got a good feeling it's going to be a good year...after all, Charlie and I get married this year!! That feels really great to say. :) Also, Lindsay and Jake are getting married as well as Camille and Tyler! I may just need to call it the year of the wedding. So many wonderfully amazing things to come our way.
Our Christmas and New Year time spent in Michigan was perfect. It felt so good to be back with our families and seeing so many of our best friends. Charlie even managed to ask most of his groomsmen to be, well, groomsmen! Which means I need to update our wedding website on theknot.com. Our vacation was really chock full of family time doing some of our favorites things (relaxation included!) like long walks around the farm (and by walk, I guess I mean skiing and snowshoeing), yummy family meals, movie nights, video games, long talks, and even some wedding planning. :) Seeing our friends meant seeing how much one year can impact the growth of a little girl. Matt and Kristen's Abby has grown so much! The last time we saw her, she was just a little 4 month old peanut...I am amazed with her personality and how smart she is! There is nothing like the friendships in which you can see others you haven't seen in 6 months to a year and feel like you'd seen each other just days ago. Our conversations pick up where they left off and we joke around as though time had frozen and melted into our laughter. Charlie and I love this about our group of friends. The next time we see most of these people, both family and friends, may be our wedding, or even Jake and Lindsay's wedding.
Since I feel like I have so much I could write, I am going to try to keep some of it for the rest of this week. I have not yet uploaded pictures from break, so for now I will go back to enjoying a good ol' Marry Me Monday type picture from our past.


Both of these pictures were taken as we brought in 2009. It was the New Year shindig that Kristen and Matt surprised us with the news that Kristen was pregnant! We had shown up with a bottle of champagne for Kristen and had no idea that she wouldn't be able to indulge for another 8 months or so! The following New Year, we got to hold the darling little four month old baby. And this year, we got to play and talk and tickle the walking and talking little bundle of personality! So much fun.
As I start to upload my full camera card, I'll make sure to share some of those new memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment